Texas, well known by the name of “The Lone Star State,” has been claimed by five countries Spain, The Republic of Texas, France, Mexico, and The United States. If you plan to settle down in Texas, let’s discuss the advantages and disadvantages of being here in Texas.
Pros Of Living In Texas
- As we know, Texas is a vast place, and it provides a variety of climates, from warm sunny days to freezing winter weather. Big and buzzing cities like San Antonio or Huston and small rural areas with less population and hustle-bustle. To provide a variety of geographical expands.
- Living cost in Texas is pretty reasonable and 6% less than the average living cost in America; it will help you to expand your savings. In addition, it makes Texas an affordable place to live in.
- Texas has achieved 9th rank in terms of economy. Here in Texas, you can have better employment opportunities. Along with employment, the universities in Texas prepare you for a better future and give a good educational environment.
- Texas State does not charge any kind of income tax. So it’s quite appealing that if we live in Texas, we don’t have to pay any sort of income tax, so this will sum up our earnings.
- Texas is a family-friendly state. Families’ even Gay parents, are also popular in Texas. More access to family-friendly activities attracts lots of families to Texas.
- From any place in Texas, you can access centralized transportation. Likewise, you can travel to any part of America or Europe. Here you have access to vast cross-country flights.
Cons Of Living In Texas
- Texas is prone to hurricanes. Flood causes property damage regularly, so you have to pay the extra annual cost to maintain the property or pay insurance for damage control.
- As you know, Texas provides various climates, but sometimes hot and humid weather throughout the entire season here is quite challenging.
- If you want to own a home or rent a property in Texas, property taxes are relatively high here in both conditions. Along with property tax, the state charges a higher rate of Sales Tax. So the saving will go down.
- Texas is constantly growing, which is leading to population growth and urbanization. It is leading to traffic problems in Texas. Accidents are caused by high traffic, and bad accidents are the main cause of financial problems for residents.
- The crime rate is constantly increasing in Texas, and the police officers ratio for every 1000 people is just 1.5.
- As we all know, Texas has a vast geographical expansion; sometimes, it’s difficult to access healthcare facilities. Most rural areas cannot access the facilities provided at far-off places.
Living in Texas can be either an advantage or disadvantage for your future. Everyone has his own goals and dreams to achieve in his own life. Texas is a place full of variety and diversity. You can have different geographical and cultural experiences within the state. Texas is constantly growing as hundreds and thousands of people are regularly migrating here. If you like diversity, you can be one of them.